The Student News Site of Mt. San Jacinto College

The Talon Student News

The Talon Student News

The Talon Student News

Photo by MSJC Athletics
A Great Defense Has Been The Eagles’ Key To Success In Softball
Derrick Spearman, Writer • April 26, 2024

After finishing 17-15 last season, the Eagles finished this season with an improved record at 20-13 as the Eagles look to return to postseason...

Californias Fast Food Wage Increase
California's Fast Food Wage Increase
Jhun Rhoy, Journalist • April 26, 2024

Starting April 1st, 2024, California has significantly increased the state minimum wage for fast food workers. The new minimum wage for fast-food...

My Experience at the BNP Paribas 2024
My Experience at the BNP Paribas 2024
Hokulea Rezentes, Writer • April 25, 2024

There are many ways the community can come together through common interests. This can be by attending movies, church, jobs, and, most commonly,...

Meghan Kauffman at Title IX booth at Club Crush on the Menifee campus.
Title IX
April 12, 2024
The Fight Isnt Over
The Fight Isn't Over
April 9, 2024
Sign up for weekly email updates

Subscribe

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp

Journalism at MSJC
Talon Archives

The Season of Love: Helpful Ways to Spend Valentine’s Day

Fair Use Valentine’s Day Photo

Valentine’s Day is a holiday that focuses on individuals showcasing and taking time to love each other.  It’s often labeled as a holiday “only for couples”; however, that isn’t true at all.  A question asked by many is, how should we properly celebrate Valentine’s Day?  The media often portrays the holiday in stereotypical ways, which makes it seem limited.

For starters, a way to celebrate Valentine’s Day, especially if you’re single, is to take the proper time to love yourself and to treat yourself to something unique, whether it’s eating out at a restaurant that fits both of your likings, buying yourself a gift like jewelry or stuffed animals, or even reaching out to friends that can also relate to you, nothing wrong with a night out with the friends! An excellent opportunity to make new memories is spending time with your friends if you don’t have a significant other to spend the day with.  So go out and have a fun day you will never forget.

Fair Use Valentine’s Day Photo #2

Another way to spend Valentine’s Day, especially for those on a tight budget, is to go out for a ride with someone,  even stay at home if gas is a problem, and watch movies with your loved ones or significant other.  Making a meal for your guests is also an excellent way to show your love and appreciation while they’re there.  It’s always the simple moments like these that remain the most memorable.

To the couples, Valentine’s Day planning may also be a challenge.  You are offered endless options to spend the holiday, but ultimately, you are in a bind, not knowing which option will provide the best results. Don’t worry, though, because as long as you try your best to ensure your partner has a great day, I am sure you and they will be satisfied with how the day turns out.

Just as a reminder, never feel discouraged due to being single.  Times may be lonely and depressing, primarily when a holiday is dedicated to marketing gifts to couples, and you may feel like you are missing out. However, despite it all, you can also celebrate the holiday creatively, so make sure to plan how you will have a fun Valentine’s Day!

For more assistance, I recommended these websites that helped me gain ideas on how to spend my Valentine’s Day!

https://www.countryliving.com/entertaining/g5119/things-to-do-on-valentines-day/

https://www.brides.com/single-valentines-day-activities-5112031