Breaking News
The Student News Site of Mt. San Jacinto College

The Talon Student News

The Talon Student News

The Talon Student News

Billie Eilish’s HIT ME HARD AND SOFT Album Uncovers Stalker Situation
Gabriel Lozano, Writer • May 22, 2024

Billie Eilish’s third album, HIT ME HARD AND SOFT, was released on May 17th, 2024, featuring ten tracks totaling 43 minutes. The album goes...

Navigating the Challenge
Navigating the Challenge
Cat Hill, Writer • May 21, 2024

4-H, a renowned youth development program, has empowered young people across the United States for over a century. While its roots lie in agriculture,...

Local Hiking: The Good and The Bad
Local Hiking: The Good and The Bad
Annabelle Morris, Writer • May 21, 2024

Hiking is one of the oldest and most used forms of exercise. Whether you want to get into shape through walking or running, hiking is a great...

Sign up for weekly email updates

Subscribe

* indicates required

Intuit Mailchimp

Journalism at MSJC
Talon Archives

Rock the Oaks: Music for a Cause

Courtesy of Oak Grove

On June 13th, the nonprofit Oak Grove Center will host its 16th annual Rock the Oaks event. This event highlights local talent while raising money for at-risk youth. Proceeds from this event will directly benefit the Arts and Autism programs offered on campus, providing creative outlets and resources for the students involved.

Rock the Oaks is a lively music show featuring a plethora of genres, ranging from country to gospel, performed by a variety of local performers showcasing their talents musically and even some comically. Like other events run by Oak Grove Center, including the Murrieta Rod Run and Evening Under the Oaks, Rock the Oaks is a community-driven event that gives back to the locals while raising funds for their students.

Courtesy of Oak Grove

Oak Grove Center is a nonprofit organization with 3 locations across California, serving as a residential, educational, and treatment center. At Oak Grove Center, there is a wide variety of services offered, including the wraparound program aimed to help children with emotional and behavioral challenges, as well as addiction recovery and relapse programs and programs for autism and independent living. Oak Grove’s mission is to “rebuild the lives of at-risk children and their families through education, healing, restoring relationships, building character and instilling hope.”

Rock the Oaks will be held at Wilson Creek Winery and will feature two shows, the first starting at 4:30 p.m. and the second at 7:30 p.m. Both will feature completely different lineups. General admission to attend one show is 20 dollars, while admission to attend both shows is 35 dollars.

This event offers a great display of local talents and an opportunity to positively impact and give back to the children within the community, providing them with resources to rehabilitate and grow. So, if you’re looking for something to do on June 13th, consider supporting the Rock the Oaks event and enjoying the live music and the community!

To purchase tickets: Rock The Oaks Tickets